Data resiliency solutions provide backup and recovery, replication, and disaster recovery. With data resiliency solutions, companies protect and secure mission-critical data. Data resiliency also protects data without interrupting production, ensuring seamless business continuity even after a natural disaster or system failure.
ProActive Solutions offers a range of backup and recovery solutions so our customers can choose a provider based on their unique business requirements.
Here are the highlights of each for your review and comparison:
Cohesity delivers backup and recovery through a web-scale platform that provides scalability through hyperconverged nodes. Features include:
- Built-in quality of service (QoS) so customers can prioritize backups, recoveries, and dev/test workloads
- Support for both global deduplication and compression
- Variable-length deduplication to choose best block size for data
- AES 256-bit encryption for data at-source, in-flight, and at-rest
Cohesity User Review
“This tool is very straightforward and clean. The menus are not over-complicated or cluttered. I have very little experience with backups, but Cohesity has made it simple to learn the basics.”
– Data Center Technician at consumer goods company
Commvault provides enterprise-level, award-winning backup and recovery. The solution can recover an entire VM from a single backup. Additional benefits include:
- Automatic failover
- Live recovery to immediately recover a VM to the production environment
- Recovery of individual VMs, guest files, and applications from storage snapshots
- Direct recovery to public clouds
- Container support
- Granular search of individual files for recovery
- Backups with minimal impact on production
Commvault User Review
“Global deduplication and the indexing of the data object are the most valuable features. It saves costs on the product side by doing compression and deduplication. It will help you and make it easier to reach the data that you need within the minimum downtime when it’s required.”
– Senior Presales Consultant at office technology provider
Rubrik offers simple and intelligent data protection. The company provides the industry’s first Converged Data Management platform. Features and benefits include:
- Scalable and automated protection from hundreds to thousands of workloads
- Complete cloud integration and replication to the cloud
- Ability to protect different data types in the same job
- Data protection, data security, application continuity, and data governance
Rubrik User Review
“The user interface (UI) is great. It is very lightweight and intuitive. The Auto-Snapshot feature and recovery time are amazing. It took seven seconds to have a server back up and running in production from a total failure.”
– Systems Administrator at media company
Veeam provides full virtual machine (VM), VM file, and virtual disk restore. Companies can achieve instant VM recovery by running it directly from the backup file. The Veeam backup solution creates application-consistent, image-level VM backups. Backup and recovery benefits include:
- Minimal impact of backup process on production
- Creation of image-based backups from storage snapshots
- Scheduling, testing, and verification of recovery
- On or off-site replication for disaster recovery
- Granular recovery
- Automated failover and failback
Veeam User Review
“We evaluated different options and we picked the most significant one, Veeam…. We have confidence that our replication image is good and not corrupted.”
– Project Manager at Garment Retailer
Veritas provides enterprise data backup and recovery that works in multi-cloud environments. Features include:
- Integration with resiliency platform, supporting multi-tier applications
- Full data visibility
- Predictive analytics using customer data
- Built-in incident detection and prevention security software
- Support for hundreds of policies and patterns used in dozens of countries across the world
- Docker certification for protecting container workloads
Veritas User Review
“Veritas NetBackup Automatic Image Replication and CloudCatalyst features allow me to replicate deduped backup images from one site to a remote site, as well as duplicate deduped images to the Cloud (i.e. AWS S3, etc.)”
– Technical Specialist, Data Center and the Cloud at SMB
What Do Resiliency Solutions Do for Your Business?
Resiliency solutions protect against data loss from outages, data breaches, ransomware attacks, and natural disasters. Leading backup and recovery solutions deliver optimum RTOs to ensure business continuity. Greater resiliency empowers companies to provide an always-on user experience.
How can we help?
We offer customers great options for backup and recovery so they can design a multivendor solution. You can also choose the solution that makes the most sense for your business. We offer Veeam, Commvault, and Veritas, all Leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Backup and Recovery Solutions. We also provide Cohesity and Rubrik, designated as Visionaries by Gartner. The Forrester Wave ranked our partners Veeam, Cohesity, Commvault, and Rubrik as Leaders in Data Resiliency Solutions. Our partner Veritas was ranked as a Strong Performer by Forrester.
If you would like to learn more about which data resiliency solution is best for you, let’s talk! Click here to schedule a Whiteboard Session.